October 12, 2023
After our historic three-day strike, we won a new agreement that takes strong steps to address the staffing crisis:
- 21% across-the-board raises for ALL regions: 6% in October 2023; 5% in October 2024; 5% in October 2025; 5% in October 2026 – the largest raise package in the history of the Kaiser Labor/Management Partnership.
- Renewed outsourcing and subcontracting protections for all classifications, including Revenue Cycle workers.
- $1,500 ratification bonus for all workers.
- Increase minimum wage:
- CA: June 2024: $23/hr; June 2025: $24/hr; June 2026: $25/hr
- Regions outside of CA: June 2024: $21/hr; June 2025: $22/hr; June 2026: $23/hr
- Our 2023 PSP, to be paid out in March 2024, will have a guaranteed minimum of $1,500 (pro-rated for part time) with potentially more based on goals.
- PSP payouts going forward:
- If Kaiser fails to meet financial goals, members will be paid $300 per each labor goal met (up to $1,200 for four labor goals).
- If Kaiser meets financial goals, members will be paid $700 per each labor goal met (total potential payout of $2,800).
- If Kaiser strongly exceeds financial goals, members will be paid $950 per each labor goal met (total potential payout of $3,750).
- Protected healthcare and pension benefits and improved retiree medical benefits.
- A full menu of initiatives to invest in the workforce and address the short-staffing crisis.
- Much, much more.