November 9, 2023
After the largest healthcare worker strike in US history, we secured a landmark agreement that provides a framework for long-term solutions to the short-staffing crisis.
This victory was delivered by the sheer grit, unwavering dedication, and unbreakable spirit of our Coalition union members. It is a victory well deserved.
The 4-year contract covering 85,000 represented healthcare workers is in effect from October 1, 2023, to September 30, 2027. Some highlights include:
Raises & Bonuses:
- 21% ATBs for all regions: 6% year one, 5% year two, 5% year three, and 5% year four (retroactive to Oct 1)
- $1500 ratificationbonus (paid Feb 2024)
- Engages all UBTs in joint staffing models, plans, and budgeting by Aug 2025
- Commits to reduce registry/traveler use
- Proactively addresses vacancies
- Restricts outsourcing and subcontracting
- Increases funding for education and career development
- 2023: minimum payout $1500 or more if performance goals are met (pro-rated for part-time and paid March 2024 )
- 2024: minimum payout $1200 if performance goals met and up to $3750 if performance and financial goals met